Artists are an essential element of the Midwinter Carnival both in the construction of lanterns and costumes, and as performers. Together they create a stunning visual spectacle and a wonderful atmosphere.
The vehicle for their work is the Carnival Procession. Creating processional art is a special skill and we are lucky to work with some highly talented artists and performers.
2016 Art Team
- Artistic Director: Juliet Novena Sorrel
- Artists: Katrina Thomson, Aroha Novak, Filipa Crofskey, Rochelle Brophy
- Lantern Workshop Coordinator: Andrew Wills
- Manawa Kapahaka
- Songbong Brazillian Carnival Drumming
- Koru dance
- Birds Eye View stiltwalkers
- Ake Ake Theatre
- Mosgiel Brass Band
- St Kilda Brass
- Otago Dance Association
- Waitati Militia
- Logan Park School